Thus, keep a tab on every step of the project to maximize productivity with Kanban Boards.
The need for effective collaboration tools, which can evacuate the complexities involved in the timely completion of projects, is extremely high. Crotle serves to the above need by providing a thorough list of features, specially curated to assist the organisations in multiplying productivity, during remote working conditions. Crotle brings in people from various remote parts and provides them with a platform where they can collaborate to complete projects on time and to avoid any type of confusion or delays that may arise due to lack of clear hierarchy, project information, lack of appropriate work status, or any other factor. It can help the team members to keep track of the work going on in the organisation, with respect to a project so as to assist in its timely completion without any delay. It also facilitates the smooth functioning of the team as every member of the team is well aware of his role in the organisation, the expectations from his role, and the deadline for each task and sub-task so that they can work unanimously for achieving the overall objective of the organisation.
Seamless management of projects during remote working situations is apprehended by an appropriate kanban board online. A kanban board online is a rapid project management tool that is specifically designed to assist in work visualisation to maximise efficiency. The best free kanban board online uses columns and sections to seamlessly divide the total work into smaller subtasks, delegating them to the right personnel, and keeping a track of every job for timely completion of the project.
A good kanban project management comprises of the below mentioned elements:
● Visuals: One of the most noticeable features of the Kanban online tool is the existence of visual cards to help ease out the understanding of the members of the team. With the visual status of the work, the members of the team and the superiors are quickly able to grasp what the team is working on, and their workflow status.
● Columns: Another amazing feature of Kanban online tools is the visibility of workflows in the format of columns. The entire board is divided into three or more different columns, each specifying the status of every job and subtask. Most of the time, the columns are mentioned as “To Do”, “Work in Progress”, and “Completed”.
● Point of commitment:Kanban project management also provides for a section wherein the members of the organisation can jot down ideas for future steps of the project so that the members of the team can start working on the next steps, as soon as the project in hand is completed.
● Point of delivery: The end of a Kanban board online, wherein the activities are completed is termed as the delivery point for the remote working teams. The teams in remote working situations try to cover the distance between the commitment point and delivery point as efficiently as possible.
- A job that is required to be done by the members of the team.
- As soon as a job is added to the to-do list, the work is said to be initialised.
- Once the task is added in the to-do section, the lead time for the same starts and continues to be in the same state until the task is completed.
● Work-in-Progress Column: This section consists of -
- A job that is currently being done by the members of the organisation.
- Cycle time, which is the period that states the amount of time required by a team to carry a task from the WIP section to the completed section.
- The limit of WIP, which means the number of tasks lying in this section and the time expected to complete them for increasing efficiency.
● Done column: This section consists of -
- All the tasks that have been completed and delivered for recognizing the goals of the organisation.
- Lead time, which tells the period from start until the completion of the activities.
- The limits of WIP facilitate the members of the team to shift the tasks from the WIP section to the completed section.
There are several online kanban boards available in the market, but none is as effective as Crotle’s kanban board, which aims to maximise efficiency and productivity with clear organisation of work and team management.